Ok, yes! This is my advice for the day. Baking soda is cheap everywhere, so just buy some wherever you are going. (Apparently border guards think it is suspicious to carry baking soda in its original box, various vitamins all jumbled together and mysterious green powders in unmarked containers… Vive la Health Revolucion!)
Tips you can find on a box of Albertsons Baking Soda: (and no, brand matters not)
- Household Cleaner: scouring without scratching (actually i use nothing else for cleaning the tub and sinks, cheap, safe and awesome!)
- Refrigerator Freshener: (we all know this one from Arm and Hammer commercials, no?)
- Baking Specialties: see favorite cookbooks
- For Brushing Teeth: to whiten and freshen (and i've discovered that it can be very useful in the 'oops there is no toothbrush OR toothpaste scenario'… aka fingerbrush)
- Prevent Litter Box Odors: Spread whole box over bottom of litter box and cover with cat litter to extend the life of it. (go through a lot of baking soda though, i imagine!)
- As an antacid: occasional usage! and well dissolved in a liquid.
(actually i also learned in a herb course that baking soda mixed with water can be used under circumstances where the throat is closing up due to allergic reaction… now i can't find published proof of this, so use at yer own risk… but if i am stuck in a cabin with only baking soda, you can be sure i will try it!)
Maybe it's time to look at how baking soda works chemically huh?
Tune in next week for my continuing obsession with baking soda!